You have no items in your shopping cart.
HOW TO SHOP
Welcome to the New Internationalist shopping site. We hope you enjoy browsing and find items of interest to you. If you are unsure how to navigate the site we hope that the following notes will help you, particularly the Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ] section, which will take you through the basics.
1) Finding Products
The easiest way to find a product, particularly if you already have our paper catalogue, is to use the Search Shop facility top-right. In this box you can insert the product description, the code or any other clue. You will then either be shown a specific product or all the products which share the features you input. Alternatively you can look for a product by clicking on either the Product Category listing on the right, or the category pictures at the top. When you are in a product category there are two ways of viewing the products. The system defaults to a “grid” layout where you can view basic information on a number of products but you can click to view in “list” mode where you can also see the product descriptions. When you are in a product category and would like to find out more about a product just click on the photograph to go to a page all about that product. And when you are there you can click on the product photograph to see a larger image.
If you want to browse the site you can look through the product categories as described above. Alternatively you can use one of two other search facilities which you will find under the Search Shop box. Popular Searches will show you all the search terms that other customers have used, the larger the word is illustrated the more people have used it. In Advanced Search you can select products in several other ways, for example you could find every product costing $10. If you are interested in a product but want to consider alternatives you can click on “Add to Compare”. The item will then be copied to a Compare Products section on the right side and at any point you can click Compare Items to view all the products you have selected.
3) Buying Products
Once you have found a product you are interested in buying you can put it into your shopping cart by clicking "Add to Cart". Once you've started adding items to your shopping cart you will see a running total of the quantity and value of the items you have selected in My Cart on the right side. At any point you can click on My Cart to see a listing of everything in your cart.
A note about ebooks: After you have completed the checkout process you will be sent an e-mail containing the ebook download link and instructions. If you are ordering an ebook as a gift, use your own details during checkout then forward the e-mail containing the download link and instructions to your recipient.
When you've finished shopping, you need to click on “Checkout”. If you have already registered with us you should fill in your password and you will then be shown your details for you to confirm. If you are a new customer we would encourage you to register. Once you have done this the only information you will be asked to re-submit each time is your credit card details, which for security reasons we do not hold on the site. You can also view your past and pending orders, and change your delivery address and other personal details. Alternatively you can continue to place your order as a Guest. Please note that we cannot deliver to post box addresses.
Please note that if you log off without completing an order but leaving items in your shopping cart, these items will remain in your cart until you return to the site. This means that if for some reason your browsing is interrupted, you will not have to start ordering again from scratch.
5) Checking Your Order Status
When you have successfully completed and submitted your order it will be immediately sent to our distribution warehouse. You will receive an automated e-mail confirming that this has happened. Canadian and US customers should then allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery. To get up-to-date information on the status of your order you can either e-mail our customer service representative at email@example.com or telephone, (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm eastern time ) at 1-877-525-9353. Please see further information in the FAQs section below which should answer some of your other queries, but if you are still uncertain, please see the help section following for whom to contact for assistance.
Thank you for shopping on-line with us!
If you're having any general problems with ordering from the New Internationalist shopping site, please contact Ian McKelvie firstname.lastname@example.org or a 613-826-1319. You can phone your order to us if you get stuck at any point. Customer Service 1-877-525-9353 or email email@example.com. Our customer service team will be happy to deal with your order enquiries between 9am and 5pm [eastern time] Monday to Friday. Please include your full name and address when contacting the team by e-mail.
OTHER WAYS OF PLACING AN ORDER
Customer Service 1-877-525-9353 Credit card orders can be made by phone between 9am and 5pm on weekdays. Please complete the Order Form BEFORE calling so you have all the necessary order details to hand. Mail orders Click here to download an order form. You can fax your order to (905) 877-4410 or mail it to: New Internationalist 100 Armstrong Avenue Georgetown Ontario L7G 5S4.
Please note -- we only accept cheques drawn on US or Canadian banks or money orders in US or Canadian dollars.
- Q: How do I navigate around the site and find a product?
- A: There are several ways to find specific products - try the Search Shop facility, or go to the relevant product category, either the listing on the right or the pictures at the top. If you are just browsing try the Popular Search or Advanced Search which are just under the Search Shop box. The My Cart section on the right shows the quantity and value of the items in your shopping cart. The Search Shop is perfect if you have the printed catalogue in front of you and know the exact name, or product code, of the items you want.
- Q: How do I add a product to my basket?
- A: When you click on a product category (or sub-category) you will be presented with a list of all the items in that category. At this stage you can add an item to your basket by clicking on the add to cart link, but if you want more information before you make up your mind, you can click on the item which then leads you to a full page dedicated to the item in question, with more information, sizes, weights and other information as appropriate.
- Q: How do I find a product from the paper catalogue?
- A: The Search Shop is perfect if you have the printed catalogue in front of you and know the exact name, or product code, of the items you want.
- Q: What happens if part of my order is unavailable?
- A: Although we try to keep all items in stock at all times delays in re-stocking can occur. If you have ordered several items and part of your order is unavailable, we will hold your entire order up to ten days in order to send all the items together. If after ten days an item is still unavailable we will send the rest of your order and charge only for what we send. Out-of-stock items will be listed at the bottom of your packing slip. Those items will be shipped and charged as soon as they become available. Please notify us immediately if you would like to cancel back-ordered items. As far as possible we will keep the website updated with latest information on estimated arrival dates for stock.
- Q: Is my order secure?
- A: All of your transactions at the New Internationalist Online Shop are secure. Our secure server encrypts all of your personal information (including name, address, credit card number) so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. When you enter this information it is captured on a page that uses the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol by default. So rest assured, your order is safe with us.
- Q: How can I leave comments about this website?
- A: We welcome any comments, good and bad, to help us improve the site in the future. Please email any comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DELIVERY AND POSTAGE
Canadian and US customers: Your goods should arrive within 2 to 3 weeks from receipt of your order (no PO boxes please).
Delays may occur before the December holiday season. Please place your orders by the first few days of December to ensure delivery before Christmas.
US customers note: All goods are shipped from our Canadian warehouse. Orders may be subject to customs duties and/or brokerage. Customers are responsible for these costs where applicable.
Postage: Shipping and handling charges to Canada and the US are based on the total cost of your order. Please see our S/H table to estimate your delivery charge.
Canadian Shipping Rates
|Up to $30||$5.95|
|$30.01 to $50||$10.95|
|$50.01 to $75||$12.95|
|$75.01 to $100||$13.95|
US Shipping Rates
|Up to $20||$10.95|
|$20.01 to $50||$15.95|
|$50.01 to $75||$17.95|
|$75.01 to $100||$18.95|
Wholesale customers can place their order using our wholesale store:
If you have any questions, contact Ian McKelvie email@example.com or at 613-826-1319.
If you are dissatisfied with the goods you receive simply return them to New Internationalist, 100 Armstrong Avenue, Georgetown, ON L7G 5S4 within 14 days for a full refund. Please include a copy of the packing slip included with your order. Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable unless goods are damaged or defective.
We only collect customer information that is necessary for what we do. For example, when you order online, we need to have your name, email address, phone number, delivery address, credit card holder address if different, credit card number and expiry date. This enables us to process your order and to notify you regarding its status (e.g., that it is on its way, or if we are temporarily out of stock, etc.) Your details will be held by our order processing department and by New Internationalist. From time to time we may send you more information about New Internationalist. If you do not wish to receive any mailings from us, please email your full name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org.